SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

TODAYS FLIGHT

G-GMDH

TODAYS FLIGHT

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:57 am

The next get together for members and none members alike is today. Sunday, 19.00 hrs UK time flight from EGNO to EGNB around 87 nm. Rotor craft, vintage, ultralight and SEP all very welcome to take part.

The Simhaven server connection courtesy of Peter Memmott's JoinFS, if you need the software its available from his web site http://pmem.uk/.

Link for club chat and radio comms...................... https://discord.gg/nKTuW4
    britfrog

Re: TODAYS FLIGHT

Post by britfrog on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 pm

i give up mike that discord site is crap when i click on the link that you gave it asks for my email address etc then it says it is already registered then i cannot get further then when i updated join fs i could not find the same serever that we were using and could not contact you
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Part of a story in the July 27, 2017 issue of Forbes..........................

Discord's embrace by famous Twitch and YouTube gamers like Lirik helped turn the free desktop and mobile chat service into one of the biggest app breakout hits in recent memory. Growing virally since its May 2015 launch, it has more than 45 million registered users, who send some 200 million messages daily. Every day 9 million people across the globe use Discord. By comparison, the corporate messaging phenom Slack had just 2.3 million daily users two years after its launch and has since grown to 5 million. Discord, which has been called "the Slack for gamers," is adding 1.1 million new users every week. "I haven't seen a product that has grown this quickly, with this daily usage, in a long time," says Josh Elman of Greylock Partners, an investor in Discord. "If you're a gamer, Discord speaks to you." Cofounder and CEO Jason Citron says, "Discord was just something that was missing from the world. It needed to exist."

Discord has quickly overtaken incumbents like TeamSpeak, Mumble, Ventrilo and, in some cases, Skype with a simple formula: an all-in-one service that combines text and voice communications--and, soon, video chat and screen sharing--and integrates easily with online games during playtime. The bulk of Discord users are 18-to-34-year-old gamers who connect with a core group of friends for hours on end to discuss strategies for slaying a dragon or chat about work or their romantic lives. Discord's mobile app shows users when friends are playing and makes it easy to set up future play sessions. Richard Hordijk, an analyst at the gaming-focused research firm Newzoo, says features like these "set Discord apart from long-running applications" and have turned it into the market leader.

PC GAMER had this to say.................. http://www.pcgamer.com/one-year-after-its-launch-discord-is-the-best-voip-service-available/

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:57 pm

it isnt a patch on skype i would talk to you and then about 20 seconds later you would answer most of the time the sound quality was very poor if this is what the yanks call progress it is no wonder they voted trump to be president!
    what i cannot understand is why we cannot see one another is it a p3d thing ? i will see if i can get jaydor to fire up fsx and see if we can see one another, to try and find out where the problem is. because we could not see one another even when i used fsx before p3d.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm using P3D v4 and have used JoinFS with other pilots around the world and flown seamlessly for hours, so its not the flight sim at fault.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:30 pm