SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

The Secret Spitfires

ddavid

The Secret Spitfires

Post by ddavid on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Here's something interesting:

https://www.secretspitfires.com/

Sent me in a friend's Christmas card!

Season's Greeting from mid Wales!

Hwyl - Dai. Cool

Admin
    Admin

Re: The Secret Spitfires

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 am

before moving to France, i needed to get some skins replaces on the Bassett which were corroded as we were having it re-sprayed. Through a friend of a friendI was told about a guy that worked in the back and beyond somwhere near winchester on a small ramshackle industrial estate for want of a better description well it was little more than a collection of old nissen huts up a dirt road. having difficulty finding the right hut I phoned the guys mobile and a head popped out of a shed . I went in with waht I needed to have repaired and entered the second war all around this jam packed little unit were a/c parts being repaired and restored, the central item was one Nick graces ex iraqi tempests, which had seen better Days. For the life of me I do not think I could find the place again buy it was a nice discovery

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 pm