SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

UK Photo Scenery Complete

G-GMDH

UK Photo Scenery Complete

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Just up for air as today I completed the UK photo real scenery. Here are some pictures of the Isle of Skye requested by David.

Cheers Mike.

ddavid

Re: UK Photo Scenery Complete

Post by ddavid on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Thanks Mike - nice work, mate! How big is it?!?

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Brace yourself.......................55 GBs with the auto-gen which isn't too bad really, most of it I did in 2 M per PIX although a large part of Scotland was missing tiles in that resolution so the only ones that showed up and worked where in 5 M per PIX, still its better than cartoon scenery, now having a rest and slow flying around the North of the UK, cheers Mike.
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:16 pm

55 GB? Not too big - ES's NW Scotland area alone was 130 GB! Darren had the photo-scenery at 30cm and packaged it with hand placed buildings and Annotator (I think) placed autogen. ES had a disk based option, where you bought the disk with the 130 GB files and installed from that. Darren gave you the option of 'returning' the disk for your deposit back. Great idea.

And anythings better than cartoon scenery - even OrbX!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:25 am

WOW that's a lot of scenery files!!!! After many years of "playing around" with FSET my current thinking is to make the larger areas in 2/3 M/PIX and ONLY use high definition 0/-1 for airfields/airports for take off's and landings. Last night I made the Orkney and Shetland Islands but didn't bother with Faroe as the images are very poor both in GE and Bing. Now for a long rest and maybe some actual flying! Cheers and beers Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 pm