SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Prepare Grapes for Crushing

tony.meredith

Prepare Grapes for Crushing

Post by tony.meredith on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Guys,
    If you haven't heard the wonderful new, Windows 10 Spring 18 update starts rolling out on Monday next, April 30th. I read it and was so excited I had to crush a grape! Fortunately it was juicy so I had more than one.

I don't have X Planes but being able to run it on Mac and Linux looks more appealing by the day!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tony
    britfrog

Re: Prepare Grapes for Crushing

Post by britfrog on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:26 pm

I thought this might be some loose reference to me living in a wine producing valley in France Smile

Jaydor and I have both eradicated win10 from our systems and gone back to win 7 I do have one p.c. still running win10 but I onlu use that for looking at spurious sites Smile) so if it goes belly up it doesnt matter

As for x plane, just do your self a favor and get it, win 10 or not being a long term simmer as most of us are , you will wonder why you didnt do it long ago. yes the p.c needs to have a bit of power but I have an old I7 2660K and in some places i can get 80 odd fps !!

Having said that because the interface takes a bit to get used to after years of fsim, the initial enjoyment can be a bit touch and go but once you have got your head around a few things and set up the p.c. to perform well all of a sudden you start to get the WOW!! moments and it has been a long time since I had them in FSIM

getting back to your thread apparently getting XP to work in Linux is not at all easy or straightforward so for the time being continue with 10 or bin it and go back to 7

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:08 pm