SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

A very realistic return flight

britfrog

A very realistic return flight

Post by britfrog on Tue May 01, 2018 9:09 pm

today I had what must be the most realistic flight i have ever had in a p.c. simulator, i am still gobsmacked with the closeness to reality I took a flight from Manchester Barton (EGCB) to Welshpool (EGCW) and back, now in reality i know the area reasonably well having flown into Manchester (EGCC) many times as well as Liverpool (EGGP) however I have never flown into Barton or Welshpool

The first pic is as I climb out of Barton and you can see the Manchester ship canal and the M6

the second is the junction of the M6 and M56 with the old Stretton wartime airbase and the new airfield (grass) on the left

the third and forth are somewhere in the region of Northwhich

This photo is of Ellesmere, you can see an old railway cutting on top right

This pic shows the old base of Rednall still in private use

approaching Welshpool you can se the current railway going off to the left and the old disused Now trees passing underneath

descending downwind forwelshpool

sadly the airport buildings did not show up however the grasscutting tractor did with cuttings spraying out behind

So back in the air again i love the shadows of the tree line and you can easily see the line of the old railway

and again here you can see where the line used to cross the road and then bend right in the distance

getting back to Northwhich area and there is a freight train trundling down the line near the left wing

and back to Stretton airfield again

approching manchester and the canal

getting closer to barton you can see the yelloe field between the motoway and the canal

and finally downwind

G-GMDH

Re: A very realistic return flight

Post by G-GMDH on Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 pm

I just cant get over the clarity of the photo real scenery and the auto-gen looks great compared to FSX and or P3D. Did you make the scenery and was it GE or Bing satellite images?

Thanks for sharing Nigel, cheers Mike

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed May 02, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Mike, I made the scenery with GE using orho4xp however the photos were not colour corrected , I have my monitors adjusted to reduce the haze and increase contrast so what I see when I am flying is more like the following pics

ddavid

Post by ddavid on Wed May 02, 2018 2:05 pm

That's not good - it's ******** brilliant - thanks for sharing!
    Make's that move to XP a bit nearer...
    Cheers - Dai. Cool

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 am

Its a small pity that the way XP portrays motorways and motorway bridges is a bit naff no doubt in time that will be fixed, on the whole though it is for me, a natural progression from FSX, the interface takes a bit of getting used to, but you can do some things easier in XP than FSX and you must forget some old ways of doing things that we have been used to doing for nearly 30 years .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:37 am