SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

memory problems cause orbx to make a U turn

Admin
    Admin

memory problems cause orbx to make a U turn

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Sad news for those of you that were holding out for Orbx’ Netherlands TrueEarth for FSX and Prepar3D version 1 through 3. Unfortunately Orbx have had to make the decision to put this release on hold and instead focus on versions for AFS2 and XP11.

According to a post made by John Venema on the Orbx Forums, the sim runs fine with this addon using default aircraft. However, as soon as more complex GA aircraft or airliners are used the sim is just not able to handle it and will run out of memory, despite a lot of effort from Orbx to make it work.

He goes on to state that though they have not yet abandoned all hope, they don’t want to waste too much resources on this though issue. This also means that no other TrueEarth addons will be brought over to older simulator platforms as Orbx will need to get it to work in the first place.

However, despite the TrueEarth addons not becoming available for these platforms, future airport releases can still count on 32 bit support.

ddavid

Re: memory problems cause orbx to make a U turn

Post by ddavid on Wed May 23, 2018 12:03 pm

So, this is a 32-bit limitation for FSX and P3D V1 to V3 - such a pity that Dovetail's 64-bit version of FSX bit the dust!

Interesting that JV has AFS2 in his sights...

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed May 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Courtesy of the AFS2 Forum

I found it interesting what he had to say about the future of Aerofly FS

"There is stuff coming down the line which of course I cannot talk about openly but I can promise you people will begin to gravitate towards this platform when they see some of the new stuff coming. Watch this space!"

ORBX Interview Link here..... https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/orbx-john-venema/

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 pm

I interviewed IPACS a couple of years ago and was told that they are not creating just another Sim and did not see FSX orP3D as competition, they had their roadmap and were sticking to it. However it all depends on whether you agree with aerosoft, orbx and Ipacs plus a few others, that VR is the future of our hobby, I am not convinced on that front.
    Personally I can see it being popular especially with the gamers, but currently very little is fully compatible with the current range of goggles. Yes there is the odd a/c where most switches have hot spots etc but you are talking less than 2% of currently released products.
    FOR VR to take off the goggles will also have to be dramatically reduced in price, at the moment it is just a gimmick, but I cant see it really taking off in the mainstream for at least 10 years, we are loathe to change but time will tell maybe the second generation of goggles if cheaper and with better optics/visuals combined with many more a/c suitably sorted may make the difference, me? I am not holding my breath

jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:05 pm

10 years and VR will be gone, as it will be replaced by holografic's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:06 pm