SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Much ado about nothing

Admin
    Admin

Much ado about nothing

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Well in typical Amercan style the hullabaloo leading up to the flightsim con was better than the event itself, Normally when the americans have a conference it is worth going, but clearly the Americans voted a thumbs down . Despite all of the pre event B.S the only address of any consequence was that by PMDG who were expected to announce a new aircraft. However they didnt they announced a program that is of minor interest to tubeliner flyers and so 2/3 of the attendees went away disappointed. Yes there were a few stands displaying a few things but was it worth flying there plus a hotel for 3 nights? that will be a NO then. what surprised me was the attendance, some 1100 souls!!! makes our show at Cosford stand with its head high .Our "little" show still manages at least 1200 and that only costs a train ride at most.
    ddavid

Re: Much ado about nothing

Post by ddavid on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Yeah - should've gone but too busy with grand-kids, veg garden, mowing grass, repairing tractor, etc, etc, But thanks for the update.

BTW, got any good pics of Narsarsuaq?

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 pm

I did have as i passed through there in around 1997/8 in a mooney I took a few pics whilst refueling very strange place to fly into, when overcast you have to pick up a fjord on the coast and then take a rh fork from it you know it is the right fork because there is a ship wreck on the junction with the right fjord that takes you to the airport then you have to scrape past a hill to the left to try and line up with the runway btw do you know what the original name for the airport was in the last war?
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 pm

The name was Bluie something? I remember doing a review of Narsuasaq scenery for 'The Other Olace' (http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/dai/nx/nx.htm) and there's a great FSX mission for the BGBW approach, called Valhalla - based on Chapter 9 of "Fate is the Hunter", by Ernest K. Gann. I can give you the download url if you have 30 minutes to spare...
    Cheers - Dai. Cool
    P.S. C'mon - close to BGBW - on an iceberg, maybe?!?

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm

bluie west 1 ,  so you were not far off

one departure They will not clear you to fly over the snow cap so you have to retrace most of your steps to the coast before setting sail for Iceland .Not a barrel load of fun in an a/c with a 45 gallon tank on the rear seats ,a life raft and wearing immersion suits plus a portable ELT and a hand held radio (in Case) i dont think you relax for 1 minute until Iceland is in sight, quite an experience!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:09 pm