SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

aerofly looking good!

Admin
    Admin

aerofly looking good!

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:58 pm

This is the recent aerofly screenshot winner it cant look more realistic can it?

ddavid

Re: aerofly looking good!

Post by ddavid on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:40 am

Well, I guess that white van might not be quite so clean...

Looks very impressive mind.

Which reminds me of something I picked up from here:

https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/orbx-trueearth-netherlands-ipacs-aerofly-fs2/

One of the cool things about IPACS’ AFS2 is the fact that you can land pretty much everywhere (OK even on water but that’s something we hope to see changed in the future). AFS2 let’s you land on buildings, ships, elevated roads ...

So, floating manatees and see-through coastal water, in the Florida scenery (from Aerofly) isn't the same as the water in Orbx's Netherlands?

I'm confused (No comment - Ed)

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:11 pm

I think the jury is still out on the orbx trueearth stuff , i have read quite a few reviews that are lightly critical or maybe fairly critical. in recent times there has been quite a difference in the quality of their releases. Last year they released san diego I think and there was a freeware version that was far superior, low and behold couple of weeks ago they released version 2. their germany scenery that i reviewed was simply hopeless , it was horrible and it was difficult to understand how a company could release something like that at the same time as they were showing the world their trueearth of the netherlands for P3D the difference was huge.
    There is no doubt that Aerofly is becoming a serious simulator, and like XP11 the more devs that come onboard the better it all gets, and more users get onboard. I am not as convinced , as all the makers of our sims are, that VR is the future, until such time the goggles/facemask becomes cheaper than a monitor, or doesnt require such enormously high frame rates to make it useable, but it is well publicised that Aerofly is perhaps the best VR platform at the moment followed by XP11, whilst I have the older version (which I have to say was impressive) i am keeping an eye on the developments of FS2 with interest.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:20 pm

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:21 pm

please excuse me if I am being overly critical and tell me if I am, but the city scenes are not that good are they certainly not as good as the polack's stuff for p3d etc, however once you get into the country things do look up but there is no traffic on the motorways or cars on the roads as there is in XP11, and believe me dutch motorways make english motorways look like a country drive! the night scenes are top notch, but again no traffic! plus some of the prt scenes show docks half visible , as i sid i am probably expecting too much, what do you think?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 pm