SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

FS 2 Copyright?

G-GMDH

FS 2 Copyright?

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Posted on IPACS Forum this evening......................

I'm well on my way of completing over half of the UK in photo scenery with grateful thanks to Nick in sunny Cardiff in Wales for his amazing scenery creation software.

All the water has been edited by hand and at a resolution of 2.389 M/Pix and looks great even at 1500 ft. (So much clearer and crisper than my P3D scenery made with FSET at 2M/Pix resolution.

Ireland will be next on my list.

I am more than happy to share this scenery but have nowhere to upload it to and my upload speed is capped at 1Mb/sec.

Any thoughts from forum members please?

Reply.......................

Due to copyright issues we are unable to allow you to share any scenery that has orthos in its package. We apologize for any inconvenience due to this.

IPACS Development Team Member

My reply to this.....................

I don't understand "orthos" and to my limited understanding scenery made courtesy of Bing satellite imagery can be shared for non commercial gains.

IPACS reply...........................

Orthos (or aerial images) are what our scenery engine use to make scenery. We can't allow any sharing of these sceneries on our servers.
    jaydor

Re: FS 2 Copyright?

Post by jaydor on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:12 am

The reason is obvious, IPACs want to sell their own scenery as it expands, so any competition is stopped in its tracks. Back to the ole' greed before free syndrome...

Admin
    Admin

sour grapes

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:44 pm

you will not be distributing it via their servers if people want it, you will use i transfer or similar so ignore them, but I also agree with Jaydor , it is precisely this greedy attitiude that put paid to Flight and Flight sim world and it will do the same to IPACs if they dont back off
    ddavid

Post by ddavid Today at 3:14 pm

@ Mike: Am I right in thinking that OrthoXP is X-Plane software - or is it Freeware from an independent developer, like FSET? If it is X-Plane's, then I guess they have the right to say what they've said. Then, of course, as Nigel says, it's up to us to take notice - or not. Be interesting to see what X-Plane might do to transgressors...
    Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:10 pm