SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Guess the Sim!

ddavid
    ddavid

Guess the Sim! Empty Guess the Sim!

Post by ddavid on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm

O.K. Guess the sim where this view of Miami came from ...

Guess the Sim! XZU6hYA

Climate change deniers take note!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    Admin
    Admin

Guess the Sim! Empty Re: Guess the Sim!

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 am

this was also posted by a friend of mine in fla. i dont think it is a flight sim i think it is that ortho scenery project but I forget its name but i will plump for google earth
    tony.meredith

Post by tony.meredith on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:35 am

My guess it isn't caused by Global warming, more likely as a consequence of Brexit and has been produced as today's Advent entry from Project fear. If I am wrong there then my second guess is the FSB in Moscow are making a flight simulator to spread fake news.  Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

A friend who lives in Orlando has informed me that someone in one of the older hotels on Collins Avenue is responsible, they allowed the bath to overfill and the plug hole was blocked.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm

LOL Tony having spent all my misspent youth in the bahamas and florida this rising water level is giving a lot of concern since I left and came to the UK normal tide levels are 3 feet higher than when i left, and when i left some roads in Nassau were already getting flooded at a high tide, now they are getting flooded on nearly a daily basis , when they were hit by a hurricane last year tides were 9 feet over the norm, and tides are rising over 1 inch per year, so all of the US are watching what Miami does because the rising water will displace millions of people in the next 20 years 2/3 of the peninsular of florida will disappear . It is predicted that in 40 years 9/10ths of the Bahamas will not be habitable I am just glad I wont be around to see it.
    tony.meredith

Post by tony.meredith on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:22 pm

I have always stated and will continue to state, if the North Sea starts lapping against the fence at the bottom of my garden I won't bother one little bit.

To clarify that a little, I live in the Penines and if I walk 75 yards further up the hill on a clear day I can see the Lake district in one direction and the Humber Bridge (with binoculars) in the other. With water at that location I would have to dive at least 140ft deep to reach our local store and something like 400ft to reach the local Morrisons.

Maybe I should check to see which supermarket does home deliveries by boat.  Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:09 pm

must admit where you live sounds about the only place I could live in the uk, we currently live over 1000 feet in the pyrenees , if it all goes tits here after brexit we will sell up and live in a motor home

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:28 am