SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Goodbye FSX/P3d

Admin
    Admin

Goodbye FSX/P3d Empty Goodbye FSX/P3d

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:24 pm

Well it was inevitable , I have only flown xp for the last 3-4 months, so today seeing the photos of trueearth being released on P3D which I thought looked awful, i thought i would have a go with fsx and my homemade scenery. Well despite the fact tha it took me nearly 30 minutes to remember the interface etc i flew from LFMP to LFMK , I know that fsx is superior in photoscenery to P3D , but my hundreds of hours making great photoscenery, just looked awful compared to what I have in XP , so have started the painful process of removing FSX forever, P3D may be slightly better than fsx in some small areas but neither can hold a candle to xp11.
    ddavid
    ddavid

Goodbye FSX/P3d Empty Re: Goodbye FSX/P3d

Post by ddavid on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:34 pm

The nice thing about FSX is that it's a stable platform, which, for scenery and model makers like me, is a real advantage in that I'm not forever checking that I have upwards compatibility with the latest version of the base sim.

That said, I can see why you're dumping the old lady for a younger version!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:11 pm

I have also dumped FSX and P3D in favour of FS 2. I did have a go with P3D just to see how it compares, the quality of my photo scenery doesn't come anywhere near what I see in FS 2 plus no blurries, stutters or auto-gen popping up and appearing as you fly along.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:59 am