SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

How to gain over 600Gb's of space on your hard drive FREEE

britfrog
    britfrog

How to gain over 600Gb's of space on your hard drive FREEE Empty How to gain over 600Gb's of space on your hard drive FREEE

Post by britfrog on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Well I finally bit the bullet and deleted FSX Sad it took up about 1.5 TB's on my drive so I needed the space however having spent several hours deleting all the various progs etc i only got down to 958gb's Now hang on here I thought 1.8tb's less 1.5 TB's does not equal 950 gb's so the search started. I defragged the drive -- twice and gained about 50 gb's I deleted all the temp files etc etc etc to no avail so gave up . I then fired up a win 10 drive and looking at my fsx drive it said system files came to 950 odd gb's. Now I know windows isnt that big , so what system could be taking up so much space? so I decided to look in the system back up/ restore specs and found that windows had set a back up of space 1.2 tb's , so deleted system restore and gained my lost space , that saved chucking the drive out of the window!

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:16 am